Search This Blog

22.7.10

Frozen Food.



A healthy choice should not have such a long list of ingredients like the one shown. The first ingredient listed is corn and it is repeated many times. Chemicals are present too. How did we get to a point where those unknown ingredients are part of our daily accepted consumption? I am surprised when I do not see any on a product I am purchasing; I actually check again to make sure. Should it not be the other way around?

No one should be fooled by covers. The better the graphics of the box, the more processed I think it is. The title might be reassuring but it is false. Maybe that this choice is healthier than others but it stays a way out more than a complete meal.

Moreover, waves emanating from microwaves destroy the food’s nutrients. This fact is up to debate but I agree with it. After all how reliable is a machine sending vibes? If your phone had the application necessary would you want it to heat your food? (If you do, please consider it again but more critically this time).

I am not against frozen food, far from it, but I regard it as a way to eat by economizing time and money. What is not up for debate is that once microwaved the taste and texture of food is never exquisite.

No comments:

Post a Comment